11.20.2011

Finals!

I feel like we start talking about finals right after we unpack our dorms on the first day of school. Finals are a BIG DEAL. Almost too big of a deal. People go crazy. And I'm like, people, c'mon. It's a test. When you apply for a job at a Fortune 500 company, they're not going to be rifling through your individual class grades.
Can I get an amen? Yes, do well. Yes, grades do matter.
Sanity > Studying.
Don't use that as an excuse not to study. Now. On to my points!
I have a whiteboard outside of my room. Usually looking like this!
Well. That was a couple weekends ago. That's a funny story you should ask me about.
But right now, it's a fantastically drawn replica of me and Jaymi (my roommate), whom I love.
See that piece of paper in the corner? Bottom left?
That's the finals schedule I posted over a month ago.
I was like...why don't people ever read it? I put it there so people would know when their finals are, because I freaked out about when to go home, when to study, etc, since I didn't have this schedule until my lovely neighbor Tiffany let me photocopy hers. This week, I realized just about every person on my hall has looked at it and it's helped. Yesterday I was returning from my shower and three girls were crowded around it. They were like, yeah! I didn't know when my finals were! Thank you!
Today, a couple girls I was eating with were like, "Yeah! I look at it whenever I take out my trash!" (Because I live right by the trash chute. Which. Yeah. Don't live by the trash chute.)
And with that, I address my last post. I posted it and waited for the calls that were like, "DON'T DO IT LEAH! DON'T JUMP!" And nobody said anything at first. I thought, okay, I just spilled my emotions all over the internet. Great. Nobody cares, and on top of that, my pouring my heart out was worth nothing. Funny how God works. A couple people talked to me about it. Not the, "oh, I hope things go better. That happened to me once and I got over it." To that, I feel the need to put this face: o___O
People who said, "You legitimately put what I was feeling into words."
And it breaks my heart, but I'm SO glad. This is a regeneration for us. I'm so excited. The path to wholeness is brokenness...not just cracks, but a shattering, until there's nothing left to stand on.
I had gotten to the point where every day was "just a rough day." People frustrated me. I frustrated myself.
But it was good. It was the first step of a rebuilding I've been needing for a long time.
I also realized how beautiful and helpful honesty and vulnerability can be. You never know who says the same prayers of frustration, or who cries about the same things, or just struggles with the same things in general.
And I'm glad that through my frustration and brokenness, people are helped.
So, thank you guys, for reading. And I hope I can be here to help you out.

Love,
Leah

2 comments:

  1. I've been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thank you, I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?

    my web-site Simple wallhack

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be ending of mine day, except before ending I am reading this great article to improve my knowledge.

    Also visit my website :: crowns castleville cheats

    ReplyDelete