1.31.2011

And when the earth fades, falls from my eyes, You stand before me

I usually post lyrics, because I'm cool like that, but I can't think of any that would work and are applicable. I guess "would work" and "are applicable" are basically the same thing in this scenario. 
Just chillin in the library seventh period before yoga...but I guess today my mom's like "I don't wanna drive home with a crap-ton of people so I'm gonna pick you up early.
Uhh....55 minutes early. Making me miss yoga. I'm pretty neutral about yoga, but you only get a grade by being there, and I'm making it a goal to go at least four days a week. I've never been much of a ditcher but it's very tempting, since it's at the end of the day and the teacher really doesn't even notice if you're gone. Anyway.
I haven't gotten used to the fact that people I don't know follow me. I guess I've kiiinndddaa gotten used to it. What I haven't adjusted to is the fact that people actually care what I think. It hasn't gotten to the point where I'm like "hey followers, let's all get pregnant and start a cult!" and they'd actually do that. But, hey, why would I ever do that?
Sorry for my ramblings. I'll continue on. I went to the museum on Saturday and watched a planetarium...movie...I don't even know what to call it. It was narrated by Whoopi Goldberg and was really interesting, but it got me thinking.
If you think about creationism (and I know I'm opening a HUGE can of worms, I'm prepared to have rotten tomatoes thrown at me), it goes back all the way.
I have yet to talk extensively to somebody who believes otherwise, but I'm not really one for arguing, and, well, everybody I know (or at least those who have made their views apparent) feel VERY strongly for the topic and end up attacking me as a person (instead of my idea) in the end.
So, you can believe whatever you want when it comes to our ACTUAL creation, meaning human beings. God, oceanic sludge, I dunno, monkeys (which I'm not suggesting, but I couldn't think of a third option) could be believed.
But I'm not talking about humans. I'm talking about stars, galaxies, the universe itself.
If you think about big bang or whatever, the explosion of stars...
how the frick did that happen?
And if it did, in fact, happen (which I'm not denying or confirming, belief-wise), then where did the universe come from?
I just googled that question, not for my own knowledge...
but many people believe that it just...was.
What about time? What about mass? When did time start existing if it's always been there?
In a way, I feel like God is always the answer. And, in a way, He is. When I think of this, I think of the lyric in "How Great is Our God" that says
"Age to age, He stands, and time is in His hands, beginning and the end, beginning and the end"
I guess asking about the universe and its....being(?)....is like asking about God Himself. I will be the first to admit that I DEFINITELY don't know all the answers, but at least I know the only answer that works.
God.


Love,
Leah

3 comments:

  1. Amen! That really reminds me of "We the Redeemed" by Hillsong where she goes, "You are the answer,You are the answer." I always think of that when it comes to politics. C.S Lewis said it best- "Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing your ramblings! Because following your ramblings is really amazing wisdom. Emnet, welcome to the club of C.S. Lewis lovers.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL@ "friend's cousin's friend" !
    Thank you so much for ordering "Johnny"
    I just finished making it him just now!
    Funny cus I just read your comment!!! ^__^
    I'll be sending him tomorrow along with other people's orders. PHEW. hahahaha!

    PS. It's nice to cyberly meet you :}

    ReplyDelete