2.12.2011

For You, my God, are greater still.

I'm giving up on that 30 blogs thing. I hope somebody else out there copies it and comes through with it!

It's funny how much I've come to focus on words. Yeah, sure, I have a words of affirmation love language, but it's different.
I get in trouble for my honesty a lot. People tell me "Well-behaved women rarely make history" (thanks, Marilyn Monroe, who was a size 14...making her a modern-day size 8. So if somebody tells you she was huge, tell them they're a liar). Anyway, what about Mother Teresa??? Chew on that!
Uh. Anyway....I get in trouble for my honesty. I've blogged about this before, and people have given me a little pep rally telling me to keep it up. But yesterday, I was on my way out to go to Anthony's, and two people I know were sitting in the hallway. I don't know how it came up, but the guy said "It's funny. In that class (World Lit), whenever you start to say something, everybody listens." I said "I think it's because I'm loud." He said "I don't think so. I think it's because you always have something interesting to say that people may think about, but would rarely say."
And I said thank you. What else could I say? I've never understood how people CAN'T be this way. How can I mute my thoughts because they don't fit a standard? I'm not gonna tell somebody they're ugly or something, but I'm not going to lie.
I was talking to my dad about music and how I'm doing with it lately. Talking helps me organize my thoughts...so I love it when people will just listen and let me get through it. I told him that my favorite people are the people who give me the most criticism. I'm pretty sure I've written about this lately, but hey, this is my blog. You just visit it.
It's gotten to the point where if somebody says something sounds okay, or looked okay, came together okay...I ask why! Not to argue why it should be fantastic or good, but to improve. I don't want to just be okay. I want to be the best I'm capable of. It's taken a lot to get there.
Okay. I'm gonna stop before the rambling gets bad. I love you all. Have a fantastic Valentine's Day, and think of me while I'm working =(.
Actually, I requested to work Monday so I don't have to be distracted by romance and feeling sorry for myself.

Love,
Leah

3 comments:

  1. Leah I love you and I love listening to you! Haha I am working too so that I don't have to feel sorry for myself too! You rock.
    Love,
    Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to what you have to say. Seriously

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Leah, you know true Love and that's worth celebrating everyday.

    ReplyDelete