11.12.2009

Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping

Ingenious. Ingenuous.
The difference: an I. Yet, that's only one small difference.

Ingenious: (adj.) marked by especial aptitude at discovering, inventing, or contriving.

Ingenuous: (adj.) showing innocent or childlike simplicity and candidness.

With just an I, it can either mean especially skilled or naive. But after learning these two words for AP lang vocab, I feel like I'm just one giant oxymoron. I find myself to be ingenious in a sort of creative way, not that I'm calling myself a genius, but I'd like to think of myself as that inventive person. On the other hand, I have childlike simplicity. Or at least, that's what I strive for. How is there a perfect medium between those two? I tried to think of a word to describe that medium....and I came up with nothing.
Lately, I'm learning how hard ingenuous people are to come by. It's a dying breed. I've been at my "not dating" game for...hmmm....8-9 months now. As time goes on, it gets more difficult. I'm hoping this pattern will be a negative parabola, meaning it goes up then turns right back around and goes down. Sometimes it's just...difficult. Sometimes I feel like I'm not even safe in my own mind anymore. Because I'm so heavily influenced by people around me in this aspect, it seaps into my mind, poisoning my thoughts.
It makes me feel....dirty. Not in a "oooo Leah dirty thoughts" kinda way. Just like "Whoa. I have the mind of Christ. This is NOT Christ-like!"
It's like a four year old little girl in the middle of a bar. Think of an analogy yourself if that one doesn't work for you. I don't belong...my thoughts should NOT be "the bar", but the atmosphere that a little girl belongs in. Like, I have few guys that I have interest in. One may be there for me emotionally, but that's all. Not gonna lie, another one looks pretty dang good. But he's a man-skank (yep just made up a description) and has nothing for me beside the fact that I'm of the female persuasion.
It's pulling teeth rejecting guys. One in particular, and it's not like guys stalk me. I'm not easily chase-able. But it's difficult. Just because I know EXACTLY how it feels.
I know this is a short blog, really jumbled and all, but I felt like I needed to write one!

I'm getting closer to 100!
-LL

1 comment:

  1. I think a child in a bar is a perfectly acceptable analogy for me. Ha and I tried finding that 'medium' for the two, and the best I've found is crackerjack. I guess it covers both the skilled aspect and the imaginative part. But now that I think of it, those two sort of work together because often children do discover new things and find new ways to accomplish what they need to. Have you seen how 2 year olds can uncanningly master the art of manipulation? =)

    And with the whole guy situations, I know that you already know how to combat that, but I'll just say it anyways. Although I'm not as frequently tempted with guys (which I am now grateful for) lately I've been constantly referring back to Eric and Leslie's testimony. What more can I desire than to have God have complete control in writing my love story?

    ReplyDelete