11.25.2009

Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

(title's from 1 Chronicles 29:13!)
So...drum roll, please....
100th blog!!! It's crazy to think that I've sat down at my computer 100 times to write a blog. It's been...hmmm....6 months since I first blogged. If you go back and read my blogs, it's just strange how much I've changed. However, it's very comforting to know that God is doing such a work in me! Not just comforing, but...exciting!!! I think I've come to realize that I've used this blog almost completely for myself up until a little while ago. I've used it to monitor how much I've grown and am still growing. But now, I feel like I can help others grow in the same way. And you know, if nobody learns from me, at least I'm still learning from myself!
It seems like I'm entering into new seasons frequently. At least, more recently. I'm being tested in SO many ways. But I asked for it, didn't I? I said "God, use me. Have your way"
Well he's definitely having it! I was talking with Aaron (surprise surprise) about how different I was a year ago as compared to now. If a guy would've taken interest in me, I probably would've dated him right away. No questions asked. I think that's definitely the reason that God didn't throw guys on top of me. I mean in a metaphorical sense...now that I've changed that outlook towards dating, relationships, and patience in general, I'm being tested. So far, I have been able to say no. Lemme tell ya, it hasn't been easy, but in the end, I manage to uphold my no. There have been times when I've been close to giving up--if being set apart was easy, everybody would be doing it. That's one of the things I tell myself....frequently!
Another thing. Crap what was I going to say? Oh yeah. You've heard 1 Timothy 4:12
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
Of course, the young thing, but setting an example is what gets me.
Set an example in speech. Life. Love. Faith. Purity.
I always kinda thought that purity didn't belong in that verse. Usually, as a teenager, when you hear purity, you think sexual purity. But that's only one piece of the GINORMOUS pie!
Ginormous pie. Mmmmm....
Purity in thought is one thing that almost ALL people struggle with at some point. Actually, probably ALL people struggle with at one point.
So I'm gonna kinda wrap up this blog. I'm using it to set an example. In speech. In life. In love. In faith. And most of all, in purity.
A couple of months ago, I re-wrote my blog bio. If you'd go up and read it, I'll tell you what I was thinking when writing it. Everybody's looking for something to make them feel good, to tell them they're doing things right, and to comfort them and say "everybody makes mistakes" when they're doing things wrong. Sorry, I'm not Hannah Montana!!!
But I think I'm here to admit to you that I'm MOST CERTAINLY not perfect! But what I am, I'll share with you. So I guess...enjoy? I don't really have much more to say.
Have a happy Thanksgiving. Wake up early to watch the parade, otherwise I WILL disown you as a friend. Just kidding. I love you all =) But seriously. Eat some pecan pie and those yummy potatoes with the corn flakes on top. Just for me!

-LL
"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done."
1 Chronicles 16:8

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of us in the youth group have matured in various areas from where we were a year ago.. And that's absolutely incredible!

    Oh and wooohhh 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah I think that's amazing, because I can relate. TOTALLY. God is so good, and it's hard. We don't want to change sometimes because well, we're set in our ways. Do you think clay, after being stuck in the ground for so long wants to change shape? But we have a God that's infinite. And if he has to slam you against the table and throw you and punch you he's going to do it because he loves you! That's amazing to me. You are such an amazing young lady and I truly love you as a friend and trust you (which is hard sometimes for me!) That's incredible.
    Changes, so cool to watch, even better to see the end.

    ReplyDelete