6.21.2011

I Will Rejoice, I Will Declare...

God is MY victory, and He is here.


If you haven't heard "Desert Song" by Hillsong United, you must. It's one of those songs that gets me wherever I am. You know, the ones you listen to at different times in your life and just come back to the same place. For this song, and for me, it's a song of constant praise.
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

If you've never heard this song...please, look it up. Buy it off i-tunes.
I don't know who I'm talking to when I say this. I know that each blog post doesn't relate to the every person in the same way.
But for me, I constantly feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. It's so true that I even got a word on it. It's funny the prophetic words God will bring to my memory...He knows exactly when I need them. But I was told "You feel like you're constantly fighting and losing. You fight a battle and feel like you've won, then you go back and fight and lose. And you fight and win, then go back and lose."
By this time in the prophetic word, I'm bawling my eyes out. When God gets right up in your face and says "My love, I've been here all along. You don't have to tell me where you are and what you're doing...because I know." Kind of like, you know, when you open the door to your mom's room with tears streaming down your face. You walk up to her, sink your head into her shoulder, and just start crying. No words...and she knows. She knows why you're crying, and knows what you need. Just to be held. To be loved.
God's more than that. He finds me (not in a way like I've been hiding or He hasn't been there all along). He reveals Himself and soothes my aches. He holds me when I cry, and just....lets me. He lets me cry. He lets me realize. Then He picks me up, brushes me off, gives me a hug, and sends me off into the next big challenge. Sorry I kinda got off on a rant. Bringing it back....
But in this moment, I felt a weird peace about losing all the time. I wasn't losing. I think it's a war being fought like the Revolutionary. BAM. Stab. Dead. BAM. Stab. Cannon. Explode. Death.
It's really like World War 2. Though on one front, the odds are against you. And the enemy feels like he's winning. And he's not. A battle is not the war. Sure, I'll suffer some wounds. And by "sure" I mean "yes, I will most definitely...multiple times..." But these wounds are training. God is training me to help others fight their battles, too. 
Sure, I may lose fights. I may suffer wounds. But I, we, will win so many battles...God has promised us victory. God's promise isn't a weather report...it's not a prediction...and it's most definitely not just based on probability. It is. It's 100% right. All the time.
I hope this encourages you. Though you may feel like you're losing a battle, like God has forgotten His promise...He's not finished. He may be fighting against something you're not even aware of.


Love, Leah


p.s.-Check out the new widgets in the top right corner! A link to the lovely Abby's Robots in Trouble and the top five most popular posts of my blog! Woo!

2 comments:

  1. I honestly feel the same way too! I feel like I'm so ready to fight, and then I forget that I'm on the "battle ground" and I'm on my knees crying to God again. I guess I'm not the only one. But I think it's lovely because it's a constant reminder to go to God. I love this post. You are truly an inspiration :]

    Thank you so much for adding the button! Omg... I love your support! You're the best. Oh and I thought of you when I started planning on "Project: 'On Thin Ice'" !! I was like "How should I put the animals back in my store? HEHE!

    -robots in trouble

    ReplyDelete
  2. leah i am in love with you and your words! this is truly beautiful and sooo what i needed to read today. i constantly am feeling the same way, but its little things like a song on klove or a bible verse that really draw me back down to reality and make me look around with thankful eyes and a new heart! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete