6.09.2011

Shining like fireworks over your sad, empty town

Sorry for all the posts lately...but I know there are a few people who are like "OHEMGEE I GOT SO EXCITED YOU POSTEEEDD!" Mostly just Emnet, who also has a lovely blog.
I guess I'm kind of realizing how much influence I really have. I am in NO way saying "Oh, I tell people to do things and they just DO them. I get what I want!" Because. Yeah. That's not me.
But I'm also realizing who's really watching. Cue creeper music. Not really. But, you never know who's listening. You never know who watches your littlest action, aspiring to do something you do.
A youth leader was talking to us girls the other day and told us that after being out of high school for ten years, one of her friends became a born again believer...and she asked this leader "Why didn't you tell me? I could've lived these ten years right." And she just kept saying "I thought you knew. I didn't wanna push it."
Who's close to the edge? I know I say this a lot, but this was in a blog post quite a few back...you never know who's teetering, close to the edge. Whether the edge is crying, running away, or killing themselves. You also never know who's that close to grabbing on to the lifeline we offer. And I can't urge this enough.
If you search through the archives of e l e v a t i o n, you'll find my Genesis essay, about why I am who I am. And writing it, Mr. Larson told me that kids have trouble writing that essay because they feel like they have no explanation, and nothing to say about their lives.
NOTHING? You've lived 17 years and have nothing to say? No. I have much to say. I have evidence of God's mercy, His love, and His miracles. If I have a voice, I'm going to use it. And I do. And I'm going to. Not just for one venue, but many.

I urge you to do the same. Live Him. And that may not make sense, but please. Think about it. Live Him. Everything He is. Love. Mercy. Forgiveness.

Love, Leah

2 comments:

  1. Are you a Seventh Day Adventist? I'm just wondering !

    Anyway, you're so write ! Most of the time, I really watch out for the things I say on Blogger and anywhere because I'm afraid that adults might read the stuff I'm writing about. Except for days when I'm on the edge-- that's I just don't care. Like when I ranted on my blog entry called "Men are dominant than women"...

    You know what... I'm gonna pray today! Thanks for the simple act of faith over here!!!!

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another blogger shared a similar story of how an atheist magician received a Bible from a young lady after one of his shows. Yet, rather than mocking her, he made a statement of admiration. He commented that someone who claims to truly believe in God, Heaven, and eternal punishment would have to really hate people for them to NOT share about salvation and God's love.

    So what's stopping us?

    ReplyDelete