7.15.2011

Caught Up in Grace Like An Avalanche

Take my life, Take all that I am
With all that I am, I will love you.
Take my heart, Take all that I am,
Jesus, how I adore You.

So, if we are friends on facebook or you follow me on twitter (by the way, @lovelyuhhh), you know my whole struggle in finding a roommate and the stress and pain it's caused me. Basically, I had a room, then was kinda forced out of it, leaving me without a room for two or three weeks. And it has only REALLY stressed me out for the past two or three days, since I realized that there were no rooms left. I would check back four or five times a day, and still to no avail.
If you ever wanna stress yourself out, go to college. Legit.
Yesterday during prayer, "Awesome God" came on. And if you've even heard of the word "Church," you know the song "Awesome God" like you wrote it yourself.
You know.
"Our God is an awesome God 
He reigns from Heaven above
with wisdom, power, and love
Our God is an awesome God"


And I just got stuck on wisdom. And I was directed right back to the purpose of my whole expedition to ORU. I had one of those mind-conversations with God.
"Is it to live and have a roommate? Is it to have loans? I mean, yeah, you're going to have all of them, but is that the core reason you're doing all this, just to do it?"
"Well, no. It's not."
"And what is?" (Like the all knowing Parent he is!)
"Worship."
I've allowed myself to be caught up in confusion, complication, and worrying. I've tried to work it out on my own and haven't had the right focus. So yesterday, I just told Him I was gonna let it go. Worrying won't the outcome be any better, so why do it?
And you know what happened today? I did my routine check of the housing website, and there were two rooms open. One, 812, with a girl already living in it. Then there was 813, a completely empty room. You better believe I was the first occupant of 813. And now, a girl named Jaymi has reserved the room too.
So, if you could, fellow bloggers (and my lovers), please pray that I LOVE this girl and everything works out.

I guess my long-winded lesson of this blog post is...re-focus. Like Pastor Nate talked about. Choose to focus not on the drama and complications, but on your passion for worship. Not on the difficulty of your life, but your eternal reward. Not the people that continually disappoint us, but on Jesus himself!

Love you guys. Have a good day =)
Leah

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, that song is incredible. I had it on repeat the other day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach, Leah! And I actually have a blog post started with that song as the beginning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that. It's so true though! Paul wrote that we should do everything without complaining or arguing and it resounds throughout here. In Crazy Love he talks about how when we stress, we're really just complaining that God didn't do a good job. But when we let it go... aaahhhhh.
    I love you! I'm so excited for ORU and your passion for worship and I cannot WAIT for it!! I'm so happy this all worked out!

    ReplyDelete