5.22.2009

The Perfect Tailor

I know, I've posted two blogs today. But this just needed to be said! First,
  • Congrats to Amelia for getting her blog up and running. I'm proud
  • I've officially read three short books today, wrote a monologue, and found the perfect Neil Simon Monologue Book. I think it just might be "Leah's Audition Bible"
  • I'm listening to the Sinatra-Style AOL radio channel...and MICHAEL BUBLE CAME ON!!
  • I was also listening to the Broadway channel and McElligot's pool came on! WOO!
  • Tommy's still convinced he loves me. *Sigh*
  • Today sucked and was turned around by my psychiatrist, Aundi Ramirez
With my psychiatrist, I was talking about Love. Knowing you're in love, people not knowing what it is...
So I told her "most of the people that say they're in love really aren't and don't know what it is. People think I'm not open-minded by saything that...and not dating.
Because I won't know what I want...but I think I'll know it when I meet him"

so she replied with the most brilliant, thought envoking response
"I think you will too.
And you're much wiser than other people because they have the superficial idea that they need to try people on to see if they fit.
You're trusting your Tailor to have made the perfect dress for you.
I think that takes a lot of faith and I believe God will reward you for that."

Sometimes it's SO hard. You have no idea! Saying "I can't date you...you're not the one. You will never be the one. I'll know him when I meet him"
And saying that, I KNOW for a fact that my reward is waiting somewhere. And one day when I meet him, it'll be...amazing! The perfect fit.
Have you ever noticed that music has evolved to skew the reality of love? To the physicality (don't know if that's a word, but i just used it. HA!) and emotional attachment of loving someone...Compared to music from the 30's and 40's, that was about love returning, or a simple kiss meaning everything in the world. Along with Amelia, I was SUPPOSED to live in the 40's. Doing swing. Listening to Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Peggy Lee, Doris Day, The Ink Spots, The Andrews Sisters....the list is endless. I've become completely engrossed in music of this decade.
I'm pretty sure I have an old soul or something.

Another random note...but there's a band. An AMAZING band i've been listening to lately.
Miniature Tigers
Sorry, they're from current times. They also have a concert Sunday at the Marquis.

Word.

Love,
The Always Lovely Leah
A.K.A the worth cow

1 comment:

  1. I did a piece in my creative writing final about how people think they're in love when they aren't. That was the one I used the pictures of Jake for :)

    ReplyDelete