9.03.2009

my.dreams.are.me

Hmmm. West Side Story is my love. Seriously.
So Sonia Morgan and I have had similar blogging posts lately. Did you notice how I didn't put commas in that last sentence? It's driving me crazy. I have grammar OCD, I'm pretty sure.
But it was funny.
On a side note, ya'll should get twitters. Everybody says they're too complex, when they're really not. If Paanii can figure it out, so can you! I LOVE getting tweets in the middle of the day. Especially from my cousin...anyway. Point is that you know a whole lot more about my life through my tweets. It's like a family...of birds. We tweet each other. Eh? Eh? *rickshaw*
In theatre, one of the scenes had to have two people portraying a couple. Turns out it was a girl playing a guy, so two girls holding hands. And the girl being the boyfriend has a thing about holding hands with people other than her boyfriend. So instead of rehearsing, we were testing out how people responded to holding hands with the fingers laced.
And I realized something. A lot of the relationships we have with people have their physicial actions assigned. Boyfriend = hold hand. Best friend = hug. And so on.
Like I assign people smells. And you're gonna think I'm crazy, but that's okay. I already think I'm crazy.
Especially people I spend a lot of time with. And even some I don't spend time with. Like for example...Aundi smells like lilac. Nick smells like foundation. And so on.
It's weird that I like those two smells. I think that helps with why I like spending time with them, too.
So yes. You're sitting there at your computer thinking "Wow. I have a friend that designates smells to people. Like a dog. I have a friend that is a dog."
You're absolutely right. But it's kinda just...something we do. We let people assign what is normal and what is not. Like with previous boyfriends, I'd always get "you guys don't even hold hands?" and my reply would be "well, I guess sometimes. Not really though"
just because that's not really how I roll. I also don't just hug people willy-nilly. If somebody wants to hug me, I let them. Simple as that.
And we move past that. To dancing.
In the words of myself,

"Nuff said"

"Well."

"Dear goodness"

Use any of those and that's how I feel about dancing and school dances in general. I understand that I just haven't gotten a good school dance yet, but I'm reluctant to try my hand at a good one! So I decided that if it doesn't work out to my pre-set conditions, I just won't go. I'm not being super specific with these conditions, but with them being what they are, I can't NOT have a good homecoming. One of them is I'm not wearing heels. I'm not stepping in barf three years running.
The other three are a secret. But, you'll find out if they happen! So just try to coordinate nice thingsfor me, kay?
Just kidding. I figure if I don't go to homecoming, I'll do something more fun...instead of buying an expensive dress just to be rubbed the wrong way by people I don't even know. I'll leave it at that.

So I hope you all had a good day. I'll include something random since Morgan is now including conversations in hers...
a girl, Carly, and I were talking in guitar...just because we were talking about Will Smith and Will Ferrell. And then I was talking about the Pursuit of Happyness, which is a CRAZY amazing movie. But we decided we wanted our children to have cute little afros like Jaden Smith. Because he's just SO adorable.
That litle conversation fueled one with Paanii, which has evolved into something...entirely different. Today's just a weird day. Anyway.

Homecoming is in exactly a month. We'll see how this story unravels.
Which reminds me of a lyric...the road less traveled shows happiness unraveled!
So I guess I'm unraveling happiness.

I love you all. Sorry this post is so long. I have hardly any homework.
-LL
38. Get somebody un-lost.

4 comments:

  1. You know? I love these long posts! The way you write! GEEZZ!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like such a sweet theatre class! And I've gotta ask, what do I smell like? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i gotta ask too....what do i smell like to you?!? haha i loved the random in this one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i identify by smells too, but not like: whoa she smells like grapes!" but more like: k, that's Leah's smell. That's Emma's.
    And I personally think foundation smells like wine... so nick smells like... wine?

    ReplyDelete