9.01.2009

everybody.dies.but.not.everyone.lives.

Can I just say DDUUUUDDDEEE I LOOOVVVESSSS MY NEW LAYOUT!
I had my white one. Blah blah. And then I was like no. Sydney has a cool one. Morgan has a cool one. I need a cool one.
So here it is. With my rainbow, bird, coffee, clipboard, and whatever else! I think it's awesome.
Anyway. I was just REALLY excited. If I could live in my blog, I would be content with that.

Okay. Onto something I've been wanting to say for a while.
My spanish teacher says vocab. A LOT. And not just that, but she says it weird. Like voCAB! Emphasis on the cab. I'm the only one in my class that has realized this.

Onto another subject. It's that time of year again! That's right, Homecoming! Brush up on your innuendos, work on your grinding, buy a dress and you're set!
...that is, if you're a typical high schooler. Which I'd like to think I'm not. I don't even wanna go, really. Perhaps a trip to Chili's instead with an ex-homecoming queen (ahem bundimeister cough cough). I gotta say I love homecoming week, just because you get to dress all wacky, but the dance is just...no. Both years have been ruined by a guy I'd been chasing. Two different guys, mind you. One stalks me now and one hardly talks to me. Just because we don't see eachother much anymore, we're still good friends!
But it doesn't bring out the best in people. Sure, guys are dressed in their ties and khakis while girls are just plain gorgeous (most of the time), but it's like "hey! we're SO dressed up, we'll just get all nasty on my new homecoming dress from macy's!"
Both years I've also stepped in vomit. Bare foot. If you're not gagging by now, you have some kinda iron stomach. That's why if I go this year, I'm wearing chucks. I don't even care what my mom or anybody else says! It SCREAMS classy. Like "I'm so classy, I refuse to mutilate my feet!"
That's how classy.
And I'm a zombie the next Sunday morning. At least they don't have after-homecoming or something. That would be...not good.
Anyway. I have a month and two days to decide if I'm going. I could go to multiple homecomings, I could go to none at all. And yet I'm laying it all on the line for a date. See, I've never had a homecoming date.
Paanii told me to ask Tommy. I laughed. He was serious. He apparently isn't too smart.
I'd like a date, actually, but not a clingy one. But not one that's like "hey! we're here! see ya later, leah!"
And believe it or not, I don't wanna go to Chap's homecoming. Running into people I know is just...awkward sometimes. Especially when I'm not wearing my glasses. Oh dear goodness. That's another thing. Chucks and glasses. In true Leah fashion. And I'll request David Bowie or something along those lines. Forget Metro Station. Forget Katy Perry. Bring out the old school...fool...(?)

Something I decided today. Even though it's overplayed in my guitar class, I'd like to also be serenaded with "Collide" by Howie Day. So generic, but so...I don't even know!
That leaves it at three songs.
Collide.
Angel.
Quelqu'un M'a Dit. (Somebody Told Me)
 And that is all.
Ah. Well. I feel rather...content. That's pretty good. I think I've gotten to the point in my life where time moves at its own pace, people do what they want, things happen, and I'm still here. Like you know those above the influence commercials? Not saying I'm under the influence or anything. But like everything moves around the person and they're still just...there? But I'm enjoying it. Especially after reading Ecclesiastes, which I've FINALLY learned how to spell. I kinda stumbled upon it a month or so ago, but now it's in my devotional reading. So I'm like OH I get it, God! I'm supposed to REMEMBER this!
And it's a little difficult sometimes. But I think that's putting a bit of joy into my days.
Anyway.  No me gusta tarea. But sadly, I have to go do it. Frown.

oh. by the way. my title is from "Cross the Line" by Superchick...the music video just came out and it's...intense? Anyway. I love that line, just because you have to really wrap your mind around it to FINALLY get it.

I love you all.
-LL
37. Watch an entire season of M*A*S*H

3 comments:

  1. Oh Leah, i know what you mean by the whole homecoming thing. no i have never gone, but i honestly don't want to go.
    Maybe you could be my date for my homecoming next week? Except i suppose it would be a tad bit odd if i was just like: "Yay Leah! We're here! Goodbye!" Lonely comes to mind.
    Anyway. Yes i love your blog! It's beautiful! You got it off the same website as me!
    And now I can post a comment and let you know how much i LOVE Ecclesiastes! Words can not describe! FAVORITE BOOK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yes homecoming.. kinda bittersweet to all that have experience it. My favorite part is the week in itself too, like 'Ruff n Ruff' (do you guys do that too?) and 'Powder Puff', ooh and bonfire. I've never stepped in vomit, but I have stepped in something a little bit worse, that I probably should save to tell ya another time..

    Oh and your other layout wouldn't let me comment for some reason. So that's why I haven't been, but at least I can now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Leah, I wrote kinda something similar to this in an older blog post. I think the same, it's not cool! At least you have longer to decide =) I have one week! Exactly! haha! We should all ditch and go to dinner or something!
    I LOVE YOUR LAYOUT! Honestly, when I was looking at layouts, I saw this one and almost got it!
    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete