8.13.2009

How wide You open up Your arms / When I need Your love

Well, today was relatively short. It was actually a normal length, but it seemed rather short.
Can I say something random?
Of course I can, I reign this blog!
I like to know you all are up on your daily dosage of Lovely insanity. How do I know this? Because Morgan keeps telling Paanii when I say something on here! Hooray for Morgan!
Which I don't mind. Except for the fact that he now calls himself Stupid Normal Paanii and Captain America Paanii depending on if I understand what he's saying or not. Ha ha ha!

So for this little posty-post I thought I would bring up a verse I've used millions of billions of times.
Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the maidens.
-Song of Songs 2:2
Like I said, I've used this in my blog many-a-time! And for the revelation I'm conveying in this blog, there are many other verses that could be applied.
Alright. I'll give you a story.
I was meandering to lunch after a long morning, looking for somebody to sit with, since dumb Amelia wasn't answering her phone (because she's dumb, obviously). So there's little Bri Hopp, waving gleefully while sitting with her friend that couldn't look any less thrilled to be texting on her little enV 2. So I sat down. My friends came and sat with me, but there was still Bri and Kayla (the less-than-thrilled chick with the phone). So their friend from English named Cailtin sat there too. We chatted about public speaking, for the most part. But after Caitlin left, Kayla practically yells "FINALLY she's gone. I thought I was gonna have to punch somebody in the face"
I was pretty much shocked. Kayla was being SO nice to her while she was there, and then she verbally abuses her behind her back. Bri also didn't like her very much, but it wasn't just plain rude catty remarks.
It was weird, because I almost felt...hurt. I hurt for Caitlin, because she was nothing but nice to these two girls. She did nothing wrong, and she tried to be agreeable.
Not only did I feel hurt, it was like...I was upset. I knew exactly how this girl felt, like somebody you think is going to be your high school friend turns out to hate your guts.
"She's just so annoying! I thought she'd never leave! Why does she keep talking?"
With each comment Kayla muttered, I wanted to get to know Caitlin more. Not to mention I wanted to slap Kayla silly for being so mean, but I just wanted to give this girl a chance.
With all that, I wanted to talk to Bri the most. She needs to know that she can talk to Kayla, she can be nice to Kayla, but Kayla CAN'T influence her. Bri needs to be a friend to Caitlin, because Caitlin needs that kind of influence. We're called to be a light in a dark place...and who knows, Caitlin could be in that dark place!

I'd like to say that Bri completely understood...but I know that she got where I was coming from.
And that's what reminds me of Song of Songs 2:2. There are a lot of girls out there, but we're special. We've been set apart, and that's God's purpose. Romans 12:2, if you wanna look that up...that also relates.
Bri's been learning this, and she'll continue learning this at a more accelerated pace now that she's been thrown among the thorns (high school *dramatic music*). She'll try to behave like a thorn, to look like a thorn...but she'll learn that a lily's a lily. You're born a lily, you'll thrive as a lily.
She can mentor Caitlin, build her up, comfort her, even.
Like I read this series that Sarah Hopp gave me, ironically. There was an illustration where a girl stood on a chair and a guy held her hand while standing on the ground. She tried to pull him up multiple times, but learned quickly that it wasn't easy. When an attempt was made by the guy to pull her down, she fell right off the chair.
It's more difficult to pull someone up than to be pulled down. It's easier to act like a thorn as a lily than to act like a lily as a thorn. While being among the thorns, we learn what lilies AREN'T. God hasn't called us to gossip, to back-stab, to throw our bodies away, our emotions away, even. We're supposed to show the love of God THROUGH us, right? Being hypocritical is not the way to go. At all.

I'll continue to mentor Bri and see results. They won't be apparent at first, but she'll grow in her lily-like behavior. She'll encourage others to be lilies, too!
It's crazy to think about the chain-reaction one of us can cause. When I think of this, I think of Aundi. Aundi is SO influential to a massive group of people, girls and guys, that will go out and spread the word as well. She's not only influenced me directly, but many people indirectly.
Like this chick in my theatre class (that I've been in three classes with in the last year and she STILL doesn't remember my name =[) has 137 cousins. Like her grandma had 12 kids and each of those kids either had 5 or 7 kids...it's crazy.
OUT OF ONE WOMAN!
but I was like WHOA that's gotta be one wrinkly old lady!
Just proof that one person can change the world. Or at least put a dent in it...
it just starts with one.
What's crazy...
it did start with ONE. Jesus Christ!

-Lovely Leah
27. Have an in-depth discussion about something I know nothing about, while convincing the person I'm talking to that I know more about this subject than they do.

and if you haven't done so already, read my poem that drained my creativity quotient for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment