8.10.2009

I'll never let this go, but I can't find the words to tell you

I've recently fallen in love with the first Paramore album, All We Know Is Falling. Justin got me this CD for my birthday, and I didn't really listen to it at first. It's obviously not worship music, but it's...nice. Considering Paramore started out as a Christian band, I'm quite alright with that.
Anyway. The lyric-title is from one of their songs! I love it. Very much.
So I'm shoving all my blogs into the final days of summer, just because I don't think I'll write much from now on during the school year. Still more than anybody else I know. Oh well. I hope you enjoy reading these little tidbits of knowledge and ignorance...I've enjoyed writing them. I hate writing, believe it or not.
My mom was talking to Brittany and Nate last night (because she HATES talking, dontchaknow) about how I'm supposed to be an editor. I really have no desire for this...I know it's something I'm good at and I'd make some UBER good money, but I don't wanna earn money for something I don't just LOVE doing.
That's another story. I'm 16 and I've been working on a lot of aspects of my future, when I really don't need to.
Anyway. In case you haven't heard for the billionth time, Nicholas Tealer gets his license today. Do you know how long he's been counting down?
One year. He's pretty much been counting down since I've known him. December 8th, he was all excited for getting his license in eight months! February 8th--six months!
So you may be asking yourself, "Gee Leah, why do you bring this up? Who cares?"
Well, dearest rhetorical question asking friend, I do indeed have a reason! Time has flown since last summer. It's just...crazy. It's hard to imagine that it's August. I guess I'm just having a few moments of sentimentality and nostalgia, but to see how much has changed and how much everyone I know has grown is just awesome!
Everybody that reads my blog (aside from Amelia) I've met in the past year. I've been thinking about that...like Aundi, who pretty much knows how I tick, has known me for exactly a year.
And concerning Apex, because I just HAVE to bring it up, I think last summer was when I was like "Jesus is FOR REAL. I'm not just going to church for the sake of going to church anymore. I'm living my life for Him and Him alone!"
That was a year ago. Compared to now, I've grown leaps and bounds. Even since the beginning of the summer, I've been growing like crazy!
Not physically, obviously, because i'm still 5'4 (woop de woop) and an un-disclosed weight.
But spiritually, emotionally, ...mentally? And I really don't want that to change now that summer's over. I want to continue growing and encourage others to grow with me.
Like I said in my last blog-post (don't I feel just SUPER cool saying that!) this thing is really bothering me. Paanii is both helping and hindering the getting over this annoyance, which is getting a little old. PICK A SIDE, DANG IT JORGE!
It's like he's normal, stupid Paanii until I need help, then he becomes Captain Planet or something!
Yes I just put a picture of Captain Planet in this post. I used to love that show. I always liked the heart ring. Even as a little kid, I was always like "What the heck? Earth, fire, wind, water...HEART? How does that even work?"
Anyway. Paanii's not helping this thing. He's like that obnoxious psychiatrist that always says "Just tell that person how that makes you feel"
little side note. Apparently the "heart" ring was added to the elements to show a compassion for saving the earth. Gag me, por favor. Anyway.
It's a little obnoxious, but somehow he's usually right. Advice is usually easier from the outside looking in, right? That's how it is for me, at least. And Paanii, apparently.
So I guess I just need to pick a side. But if I'm like "YEAH I want this thing to happen!" and it doesn't, won't I be super disappointed? But if God has planned for this to happen, it will happen. But what if that's not what God wants? What if I'm running from waiting for God's plan by making my very own? But it's not my own, that's the thing. I didn't just fabricate this little thing.

Well, I guess I'll go to my AP Lang homework...I've been putting it off all summer. Wish me luck, lovelies.

Happy final day of flip flops and popsicles!

-Lovely L
25. Give somebody an AWESOME haircut.

1 comment:

  1. I remember a quote about advice saying: "advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't". So maybe you do already know what you need to do or say, so just go with the gut feeling.

    And by the way, I think the original Paramore cd is the best yet. My favorites.. My Heart and Franklin

    ReplyDelete