8.02.2009

In my life, Your will be done!

Well, if you haven't learned by now, my titles are completely random most of the time.
SSOOOO I'd tell you about ApeX, but most of you went...so if you didn't go, you missed out.

Nuff said.

I don't know how to start this blog, so here ya go.
If you've been a faithful reader of my blog (again, I love you. I cannot say that enough!) you've noticed that I've changed. If you haven't, well, I don't know what to say to you, dearest! But like I was sitting on the bus today, going home from an epic weekend...next to Nick Tealer, who was singing along to the Jonas brothers. And it's like in the midst of Justin playing his guitar and all the people singing, I found a little pocket in time of stillness. Like the kind where you realize how tiny the pine trees look, yet how big they ACTUALLY are.
So that's not the point.
I love when people take a step of faith to give me revelation. Or just take a step of faith to anything.
Such as yesterday. As I was sitting on the ground, crying my eyes out at the love of God, I was comforted. Not just by His presence, but that different people got up and came over to me. Namely Sam. Not Samantha, the little Sam! Keep in mind I hardly know her...I'm not even sure if she knows my name. But she came over and hugged me. Just walked up to me and hugged me.
So what I realized...people can feel the presence of God. Not just in a room, but in a person. They feel led to pray for me, to comfort me...just to follow the will of God! I LOVE it.

So another example of somebody taking a step of faith to give me revelation. I got a GIANT word from Pastor Aaron, but you know those times where something so small can leave such a big mark?
Well Sonia did it this time! I mean...it was just awesome. She took a step of faith to tell me how contradictory my name is. Like you've learned by reading this epic-ly long blog, I feel like God calls me His Lovely.
With the name I have, Leah, it could be assumed that I take on the characteristics of my name. Like Leah in the bible...she was the ugly one. The unwanted one. The one that was given as a replacement for something valuable.
So by saying Lovely Leah, it's a giant oxymoron. She wasn't saying that I'm lovely while being ugly or something like that (which would be a little insulting).
She was saying that people label me because what I've been given, where I came from, etc.
But I can and WILL do what others tell me I can't. I am capable of so much more than people give me credit for, and I'm just realizing that. It's not because I'm just frickin awesome, I have talent, or I'm nice (I think).
It's the presence of God inside of me. It's the gifts and talents he's given me. It's the perserverence He's put in me from the time or pink power-rangers and Barbie dream houses. The desire to find the truth. The times when my heart just breaks for people. The desire to show people how pure and flawless the love of Jesus Christ is. To worship despite the people telling me that God isn't real, that I'm crazy, that I'm wasting my entire life by devoting it to Him.
I find today to be the day that I TRULY realize that "You are who God says you are."
Something that really struck me about Pastor Aaron's message tonight:

The God of the universe, Creator of all, has more thoughts about me than the number of grains of sand on the entire surface of the earth.
He created all that sand. That's a whole lotta sand to make. I kinda think of God just sitting there on a beach, creating the sand one grain at a time, and thinking of me.

I know this is a long blog already, but...I gotta say that I hate seeing people like this kid Robert. I'm just sick of the enemy lying to people, you know? That love comes from sex, truth comes from murder and rape, and peace is found through marijuana and other mind-altering substances.

I'll say another random thing. I've pretty much decided that I'm gonna name my daughter Zoe. Not Zoey, the little worldy spin-off of a completely powerful name...Zoe. Greek for life, you know!
I love my name and all...it's biblical, it has Jehovah in it, etc.
But like my brother's name...Elijah. Elijah has a weirdly-massive amount of influence on people. He's persuasive, and extremely likeable. His name is just...powerful.
I want to give my children names of Power. Names of promise given by God.

So that's my rant for now.
I love you all.

-Lovely Leah
17. Master drawing something other than giant squids and hearts.

1 comment: