8.26.2009

Your faithfulness sings over me

So, I've been listening to Hillsong/Hillsong United every morning while getting ready. Somehow, I seem to appreciate the song "Hallelujah" SO much more every single time I listen to it.

Saved by Your mercy
FOUND in Your grace
Totally surrendered to Your embrace
And there's nothing more than You


See Your perfection
I'm lost in Your peace
Your faithfulness sings over me
And Your love is the light of my soul

And I lift my eyes to You
Creator of the world

And I stand in awe of You
Of Your glory
And I live to worship You
Son of God, King of heaven

And the angels round Your throne
Cry out holy
To the One who is to come
Hear us sing hallelujah


I've re-written this blog post at LEAST five times. I can never find something worth saying.
But I will tell you that I had the craziest dream last night...that's saying something, since I always have some pretty crazy dreams. It's just kind of awkward, too. Like it involves Paanii, Rousseau from LOST, crayon on my window, and a dream within a dream.
Yes. Bam. Crazy.
But back to the lyrics. I LOVE this song. I tend to skip from Hillsong to Hillsong depending on what I'm experiencing at the time. And yet I still come back to the same songs, yet find different meanings.
I'm definitely at a loss for words right now. I've seriously been trying to write it since...mmm...Sunday night. It's now Thursday afternoon.

I kinda wish I could get my thoughts together, ya know? I wish I could teach you something, give you an inspirational verse, maybe even make your day. Sprinkle in a few tears, and bam, it's a blog cake.

But for now I'll satisfy Sydney's craving for LAS BALAAASSSSSS AYAYAY!


  • So I performed with my guitar for the first time in my ENTIRE life today. It's pretty much a class of guys that have been playing FOREVER and can do their little meedley-meedley (Homestar Runner reference, if you didn't catch it) finger action...but you DO get props for singing. Not just any props, MAD props.
  • I think I did well, more or less. I get the result back tomorrow, so we'll just wait and see!
  • My teeth STILL hurt like the dickens. I took a mad amount of drugs today (no overdosing, don't worry) and am still in pain.
  • My history teacher makes me laugh my pants of like EVERY day. He gets really into story-telling. Nuff said there.
  • Oh wait. And he was wearing a black blazer-thing with a green checkered shirt and a nuggets tie. It was...interesting. But he's old. He can get away with it.
  • No Birkenstock sandals today, though. Sadness.
  • Elijah's playing a sonic the hedgehog (old school) emulator on the other computer. It's like the soundtrack to my childhood.
  • We had to do this dumb thing in theatre today...where she's like "You're wearing a golden headband...and your feet are in soil. The headband is lifting you up while your feet are weighing you down" And everybody could raise their hand to express their feelings on it after. I'm pretty sure they sounded like total druggies.
  • "It's like, I felt like I was standing in a field, but I was like, in the sky, and like...I dunno how to explain it. I felt like apollo. But I felt like other people were with me, and we were like waves in the ocean, just floating up with our golden headbands"
  • That's LEGIT what they sounded like. Almost word for word.
  • I also told my friend Emma "You know...standing in the dirt, it like, makes me feel like a man"
  • She didn't appreciate my humor.
  • And Paanii gets mad at me when I say "I dunno"...so I have to get my fix in today.
  • AH druggie terms!
  • I'm rather excited for the new book club/bible study/Aundi-Leah-Sonia thingy thing.
  • It'll be GREAT!
  • Homecoming is a month away. Gosh darn it, it's time for overly expensive dresses and shallow high schoolers again!!!
  • But I think me and a group of friends have established a sisterhood of the traveling dresses....we're all relatively the same size.
  • No money there! wooooo!
  • And I'll just wear my chucks. Keep it classy, yo.
  • I'm in love with cantaloupe, pretty much. It's up there on my favorite fruits list, right on up there with pomegranates. But those are only in season in November and December...
  • Sad day. Actually, sad other 10 months of the year.
  • I've been very reflective lately. I'm normally somewhat reflective, but now it's just...crazy.
I'm ending the bullets. I feel like I'm growing a little more every day, making me the past a little bit clearer. As Aundi pretty much always says, hind sight's 20/20. She didn't invent the slogan obviously, but she's clearly a user. But I think I'm getting to the point where I'm not like "How was I so STUPID?"
Because I'm not stupid. Smart people make stupid mistakes. Just a fact of life.
Weeeelllll I think I should probably go...do homework or something now. Maybe just chill. I don't know. Perhaps even sleep.
We'll see!


"It's like I'm trying to fly but my feet are in dirt"
-
34. Tell ChaCha he's wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment