8.07.2009

You are everything we need...

Ugh. I don't know why I'm not feeling myself today. It's just...weird.
So, what I have to say for today. Since I pretty much always have something to say, compared to everyone else who only blog so often.
Did that last sentence just make any sense? No? I didn't think so. Anyway.
If you attend pulse regularly, you'll realize that we play "No Reason (to Hide)" rather often. Every week, it seems. It's become a routine, the words, the jumping, the "WHOOOAAAA"
but I was just reading Romans in my devotional. Romans 8 primarily! And I got it. I got that revelation that I needed. The breakthrough when I realize what is REALLY being said.
Romans 8:35-37 (buckle up it's long) says:
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
As it is written:
'For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.'
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers, neither height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
That's a whole lotta "nor" and "neither" action in there! Which I love. I LOVE that. After reading that, I listened to "No Reason" again. I tend to be slip back into just singing the words, jumping, maybe pointing....
but after that, I've realized there's NO reason to hide our love for Him. NONE. Not ONE reason!
I wish you would get this. I love the tags at the end
Nothing compares to You / Nothing could ever separate us / Now Your love is ours
Nothing can separate Us / Nothing can come between Us / Nothing can separate Us Now!
It's kinda funny to realize how often the word "nothing" is used in this song.
I was getting a tad bit sick of this song...considering we've pretty much been singing it all summer. But now I've discovered how much I love this song! What the words really, truly mean.
I try to do that a lot in worship...to realize what the song is really saying, whether it's crying out to God or asking Him for help. Grasping the meaning of the words can definitely be difficult sometimes. Like for me, "Hosanna" took a little while to catch. But when I caught it, DUUUUDDDEEE. It's like every word in that song is essential. With one word missing, it just wouldn't be the same.
Back to "No Reason"...I was talking about Job the day before yesterday, right? Through all his trials and tests and EVERYTHING, he stuck it out with God. God was with him through the entire thing, even though a whole buncha people were telling Job that God had forgotten him. With everything that was thrown at Job, God was with him. God loved him more than he could ever know, even though Job didn't feel it. God's love never changed for Job!
So that's my little diddy for the day.

On a more random note, I've been staying up WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too late talking to Paanii. I mean George. I mean...you know what I mean. I like getting to know people, I've realized. I like to know I'm trusted.
Anyway. that's the reason I wrote the blog at 7 instead of at like 11.
"You're gonna kill me woman! I need sleep, I need food, to regain my strength!"
-one of Leah's favorite romance movies of all time
Oh well. I thought you'd enjoy that quote...what I'm saying is that I need to start ACTUALLY sleeping again. And if you know what movie that quote is from, that's why we're friends. Because you love that movie as much as I do! Anyway. I need to sleep. And do homework. And just...let go of a lot of stuff. I'd say I really don't wanna cry, but whenever I say that, I end up crying anyway. But LEGIT I don't wanna cry.
So I might go watch Wall-E or something. Doesn't make me cry (usually).

-Lovely Leah
#22. Send somebody anonymous flowers.

3 comments:

  1. I love Romans 8! A couple weeks ago when I was still on my trip, my mom out of the blue told me to read it, and so after reading it, and rereading certain parts, I love it!

    p.s.- i wouldn't imagine wall-e as a crying kind of movie =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happened to talky things? and I do enjoy reading your posts A LOT!!
    Leah you just make me happy! By they way... i got a nick name for you. Just wait till drama on sunday. i really think it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good! Another song is Awesome God by John Tesh. AH!
    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete