7.14.2009

And my soul will be satisfied, soon and very soon.

Holy, holy holy
is the Lord God Almighty,
who was, and is, and is to come.
-Revelation 4:8
I am actually reading Revelation for the first time. People expect me to have read every book in the bible at least twice now...yeah, I haven't.
I've only recently fallen in love with reading the word....and like Aundi has said about her own passion for the Word "It's like a craving!". And I feel the same way!
The thought of Revelation always kinda scared me. I read the children's Left Behind book series when I was..mmm....11 or 12? I watched the movie. It scared me half to death. I didn't know if I would be 'left behind' or be sitting in the Feast of the Lamb, wearing white robes and worshiping the Lord. And boy, did I wanna be at that feast!
After reading Revelation at the age of 16, I'm proud to say that I'm not afraid. I KNOW that when the day comes (if it comes during our lifetime) I will not be stuck here. I want to wear the white robes, never hunger, never thirst, and worship Him for all of eternity.
And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore,
"they are before the throne of God and serve
him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them.
Never again will they hunger;
never again will they thirst.
The sun will not beat upon them,
nor any scorching heart.
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;
he will lead them to springs of living water.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
-Revelation 7:14-17
Doesn't that just sound...AWESOME? I really want to be there. If you listen to "Soon" by Hillsong United, I think you'll feel the same way.
What gets me is the "...And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
For me, that's a WHOLE lotta tears. And like I mentioned in a post maybe....mmmm....4 or 5 blogs ago, it's a Father and his daughter. Wiping away her tears, and making sure that she will never hurt or hunger or thirst EVER AGAIN!
But seriously. Reading Revelation is....creepy? I don't know. Okay the word is demonic, I think. Just for reading about the beasts and the three woes...it makes me wanna spread salvation, ya know? Because you read that and think "I don't want anyone I know to have to experience this"
And what I've been thinking lately while reading the Bible is...God loves his people SO much. I've actually been reading Jeremiah, where the people are worshiping false gods and offering sacrifices to them...and God is threatening to punish them, yet they STILL do it.
From Jeremiah is one of my favorite verses, which Aundi gave me when I was first getting to know her:
'But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,'
declares the LORD,
'because you are called an outcast,
Zion for whom no one cares.'
-Jeremiah 30:17
This scripture seems to come to me when I'm REALLY upset. In...turmoil, I guess you'd say. It's calming. Completely and totally.
Because I AM an outcast...and even if the whole world has left me, the Lord will STILL heal my wounds. I find comfort in that!

So what I've been trying to say is...I've been realizing that God's love is in EVERY WORD of the Bible! The Bible IS one big love story--between God and his people. Sometimes it may not seem like it, but it is. Through the plagues and the woes and the whatever else that happens, He loves his people.
I LOVE that God loves me so much. And I STILL don't understand how much that is.

-LL

p.s.- This is the first time I've ever listened to "Soon" and cried. And I even put on makeup today, dang it.

3 comments:

  1. I've attempted to read revelation as well in the past, but I'd always get to a certain point where I was too scared to continue on. But I'll keep trying, hopefully soon I'll pick it and up and read it once and for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the left behing series really did scare me when I was like 11 or 12... But I can't help but notice that it's a FACT that God is coming soon and I am not afraid anymore because I KNOW who my savior is and I KNOW where I am going after I die. I am glad to hear you know that too! I love you Leah!
    ~Morgam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Leag....you've come so far! I completely agree with every point. It really is exciting to think that when that day comes we'll be with Him! Just attempting to imagine what we'll feel the first time we see Him is just... astounding. My favorite part of "Soon" is when she sings, "Though I have not seen Him, my heart knows Him well." How true is that? Revelation is a tough book to read but it's very rewarding. Getting even the slightest glimpse into God's plan is exciting for me. I hope that more than anything it inspires you to know Him and know Him well. Also I pray that it instills a zeal and passion for spreading His love. You speak of that love in such a profound way....so keep speakin!!!
    Love!

    ReplyDelete