7.16.2009

So I look to You, no one else will do

Ah goodness gracious!
I figure I'd switch it up from the usual 'dear goodness' or 'goodness me'
or the ONE TIME I said 'good golly miss Molly'
Do you ever have those days where you just smile for no reason?
Elijah seems to do this a lot. It makes me laugh, actually. EVERY SINGLE TIME HE DOES IT!

So this train of thought leads me to:
I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on the rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.
-Psalm 40:1-3
Ah! I love thinking back on what God's done for me--with how far I've come. In the past month, even! I grow everyday.
And I would relate this to love but, well...you know me. God loves me. God loves you. God loves everybody. CASE CLOSED!
I will randomly comment on something I've seen. With all I've been writing about love, Aundi wrote a blog about hate. And being completely opposite (love and hate, that is) I thought that was TOTALLY WICKED (Incredibles reference, thank you!)
I would write Psalm 100....but I think everybody knows what I'm talking about. OH WELL! I will write it down anyways...so you can...think it over.
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are His;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
-Psalm 100:1-3
Although I may find it a little offensive to be called a sheep, I really don't mind it too much. I mean, a sheep in the wilderness is a tad bit scary of a thought, but with a shepherd, it's...comforting.
I know that what I'm about to say might not be comforting...
but you know how Jesus (as a shepherd) is sometimes seen with a sheep on his shoulders?
such as the picture I so kindly provided for you RIGHT HERE!
<---Yes. Right here. Like I was saying...Jesus is seen with sheep on his shoulders sometimes. I learned this a few years ago, but...
a shepherd will break the legs of a young lamb and carry it on his shoulders to let the lamb "get to know him" I guess you'd say...to become familiar...so that the lamb trusts in the shepherd, and knows that the shepherd IS the its comforting place that it'll ALWAYS return to in times of trouble or when its' lost.

It may just be me, but I find that EXTREMELY comforting. Not the broken legs (ouch). But through the trials and tests we face, God is bringing us close to Him and teaching us to rely in him. In that--without a doubt, we won't even QUESTION where to go when we're lost. We won't be afraid when we see obstacles in the distance, because our Shepherd knows which rivers we can cross and which rivers are just a little too deep for us.
AH goodness how comforting that is!
And as a "daddy" aspect of God (which is my ULTIMATE comfort), I found this picture.

The one word I can use to describe this picture: innocent
It's the perfect depiction of innocence.
This little girl, with all her innocence and simplicity... sooner or later WILL spill something on that beautiful, perfectly white dress. It just...happens. It could be a minuscule drop of pink lemonade, or it could be a whole bowl of fruit punch.
Yet her Father is waiting there with a tide stain stick or a washing machine fully loaded with bleach! No matter how big the stain, he has JUST the thing for it!
and all she has to say is "Uhh....daaaadddd...I kinda spilled on my dress. Can you help me please?"

Oh goodness. Me an analogies are like...I don't know. Peanut butter and jelly. Bagels and cream cheese. Paintings and art museums. Spiderman and Mary Jane, even. I wish somebody shared my love for analogies!
...Well, my sister is bothering me to get on club penguin. Keep in mind she's 13. Elijah also wants to watch LOST on the laptop, too. Bummer bummer.

Those are my deep thoughts of the day. God's gift to me through pictures and strange stories about broken farm animals' legs.

I love you all, my dear lovelies! Off to water-world in the morning with the GPs (the ULTIMATE test of patience)
-LL


No comments:

Post a Comment