6.20.2009

At his feet I'll lay my crowns, my worship

Ah good golly Miss Molly! (I've always wanted to say that to one of the two Mollys I know. I never have. WAIT. I know three!)
Yesterday was fun. Lesson learned: Elitches is much more fun with less people. And if you go with JUST one other person, make sure you want to ACTUALLY spend all day with that person. I learned that last summer.
Anyway.
I thought the funniest thing Amelia's ever said occurred yesterday.
"Bob it up"
referring to "Listen to Bob Marley" since I was doing so.
I pretty much almost peed my pants. It was FUN-NY!
So what else...yeah we got lost. It's not an outing with teenage girls until you get lost at least once.
How many times I've experienced this: too many.
1. Revolve with Aundi, Elizabeth, and the Spig (Jesseca)
2. Volunteering with Courtney
3. Volunteering with Courtney and Audrey a second time
I can't think of any more. But I do get lost A LOT.
And come to think of it, every time I want to write a blog, I also feel like listening to "Eleanor Rigby" by the Beatles.
I actually never thought I'd like the beatles. I liked "Twist and Shout", but you kinda HAVE to like that one.
And after I listen to "Eleanor Rigby", I HAVE to listen to Hey Jude.
I've recently realized I'd really like to know how to play the piano. Sure, I can play guitar (quite suckily...but that's just because I don't practice), but piano is...so...soulful.
So back to being lost. We ended up going to Del Taco. And they didn't give us a taco. How do you forget that? Because we ordered a bean burrito-beef taco combo with a Mr. Pibb (at almost 11 PM)....and they forgot the taco. But they serve fries...with tacos? Is that the most contradicting combination ever???

Anyway. What I really wanted to say is that I had an extremely short conversation with Nick, and it was nice. I pretty much said sorry for investing my emotions in him, and I'm sorry that I dragged him into that. And he was VERY receptive. I wanted to tell him this over the phone or in person, but that couldn't exactly happen. So we ended that with me telling him that he WILL save his love for his future wife, because she'll feel EXTREMELY loved that he thought about her before knowing her.

So this blog took two days to write. Actually not really, because I started it yesterday...but I'm finishing it right now
ON MY LAPTOP!
GAASSSPPPPP!!! I KNOW! It's fixed =]

There's a lot I could update the world of internet on, but I've decided I'll spare you the boring details of my life.
So this lady, Karen, who kinda reminds me of my Grandma with her....ermmm...."eccentric-ness", is my mom's friend. She sat in front of us today, and when I greeted her traditionally ("hey turn and greet two to three people around you, let 'em know you're glad to see them in the house of God!") she said:
"Wow! You're just a warrior for your family, aren't you?"
And in the words of Esperanza from The House On Mango Street:
"...and I said yes, but at that time I didn't know what she meant."
So I felt like crying after she said that. I don't know why.
I don't know why my font switched. I can't get it back.
I guess when somebody puts something on your heart, God moves...ya know? And I think she meant a spiritual warrior, because it's not like I'm running out in the street chasing after people with a plastic lightsaber defending my younger siblings, older brother, and parents. I know you can TOTALLY visualize me doing this. Like wearing some Obi-Wan or Anakin jedi outfit? Maybe I'll shave my head and have one of those braids behind my ears.
Okay I'm sorry. Back to being serious.
I know this is going to sound ....eccentric and over-the-top, but I am fighting for my life! I think everybody is. With the sword of the spirit, right? For my drama peeps, when Ryan was talking about the armor of God, I had never TRULY let it sink in. I rarely read my Bible...but now I can't seem to put it down. I get up, read, shower, listen to Hillsong, and that's how I start my day since last Wednesday. I think after I'm done with this blog, I'll go read Psalms.
So during worship, I was on the verge of tears...again, from her comment and me not understanding it. Since last year at Apex, Pastor Aaron said "You're bearing the burdens of many. Jesus is the only one whose burden is easy and whose yoke is light."
See, I'm the kinda person that says "If nobody can do it right, do it yourself"
for EVERYTHING. Especially emotionally. And that's why I think God often whispers


"Just let go."

Sometimes it's hard. Oh dear goodness, don't I know!!!
Another thing....they played "Mighty To Save/Shout To The Lord"...and Mighty to Save is probably one of the greatest worship songs ever written.
And I remember listening to "Shout To The Lord" in my carseat when I was 4 or 5 on our way home from church. Those words are practically embedded in my heart, and when I finally realized what those words
(Shout To the Lord, all the earth, let us sing / Power and Majesty, Praise to the King / Mountains will bow and the seas will roar / at the sound of Your name
I sing for joy at the work of Your hands / Forever I'll love You / Forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You)
REALLY meant, it was....Awesome. That's probably the word I use most to describe God. Awesome. I was reading this book...and it said that the FIRST word God used to describe himself to Moses (was it Moses?) was compassionate. AH If you could wrap your heart around this...I guess I cry too much at God. Not really. I don't think you can cry too much for God!

Anyway. Happy Fathers Day! Earthly father, Heavenly Father, WHATEVER!


Tell your Padres a big hello from:
-The Always Lovely Leah

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Leah! God will get you through! I love to worship him! I'm glad you have started a new routine every morning!
    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song is one of my favorites ever!!!!! (Shout to the Lord) Ever!!!

    ReplyDelete