6.23.2009

For All You've Done

Hmmm...I know I already posted a blog today.
And I really enjoy reading your comments, guys. They make me feel like I'm not just talking to the vast nothing-ness of the internet!!!
So I went to dinner with Sarah Hopp today. It's kinda nice to know you're not alone, you know? I mean, I know I'm not alone, obviously...but somebody that can say "Yeah, Leah, I understand. It happened to me too."
In the past few days, I've been called "spiritually mature" quite a few times. I think I take that as one of the biggest compliments EVER. I've grown more in the past week than I can remember.
At dinner, Sarah asked me "Do you think you've grown spiritually in the last year since coming to pulse?"
And I gave her that "Are you really asking me that question?" look.

I think she understood.

I was also reminded at how great "Sing Praise" by Justin, her husband, is.
If you'd like to read the lyrics, here you go!
the morning star / the air i breathe / the one I seek / you are
the prince of peace / the great I am / everlasting king / you are
you're all i need, jesus / you're all i'll ever need
sing praise / let us glorify your name / use my life / to shine your light
sing praise / i will never let you go / come and fill my soul
you are the reason / why I sing praise

and there's more to the song...which is like "Holy, Marvelous, Glorious...etc."
And I've quoted this song in recent blogs! Woo!
But I realized that this IS truly worship. Saying "God, I need you. Completely. You're everything."
A lot of the time that's JUST what I need! And "Came to My Rescue" and "From The Inside Out"
I cry too easily at these songs.

So I leave for Georgia tomorrow. Flight at 3:45. And...I was really excited to leave, and now I'm kinda...not. I guess it'll be better when I'm actually THERE. But...I just don't wanna leave. I like things the way they are, you know?
And my profound thought for the day (inspired by Kyra, Sonia, Amelia, and sometimes Morgan or Sydney):
I don't like change. If I'm comfortable, it's all good. But yet--I'm never satisfied. Like in my relationship with God. It's changing by the second, which I LOVE. I love being able to dive in to the...vast glory that is the Almighty God, and know that it's never ending! But with moving, or somebody changing their mind on me...it really pisses me off, to be honest. I guess it's just another way to say I'm selfish...but I want it my way! Being uncomfortable is...well, uncomfortable! It's not fun. Changing for the future is something I long for, though. Like I said in not my last blog, but the one before that, I kept saying "God, I know who I was, I know who I am, show me who I WILL be!"
and he did! Which makes the future a little more certain.
But "tomorrow is promised to no man"
So I guess that's a "live it up" statement for God. And after knowing that my voice specifically is meant for the work of ministry, that makes me even more on fire for God, I think. That me singing COULD influence somebody.
Like the lyrics I tried to write at our song writing session--"Show them the Joy I've found in You"...which was actually included in Aundi's song, believe it or not.

Random, but I'm blogging from bed. Isn't that nice? I feel like such a dork. With no life. And I should probably be packing right now...butttttt.....I will soon!

Well, for my last night in the 3 oh! 3, goodnight.
-The Always Lovely Leah
(I've decided that since I'm always lovely, it should be implied with....Psalm 139:14!!!) So maybe I'll just start saying

Well, blah blah blah etc,
-Psalm 139:14
LPT

No comments:

Post a Comment